Thursday, May 31, 2012

Things I do when reality is different from my expectations. Case 1: Write an email draft. Or "Who will fill my fridge while my fridge is filling my heart?"


The more depressed I am, the more I write. The more depressed I am, the more I read (re-read, re-do, undo). Pibe 2 - Depression 0.

Buenos Aires is cold and sneezy. I came home pretty tired and starving. The fridge was completely empty except for a rotten pumpkin, half an avocado and an old bowl of rice and beans. I understood how my fridge was a reflection of my heart: rotten, half eaten and forgotten. I settled for a delivery and had to ask for two main courses because they had a minimum charge. While I waited for my Katsudon and my fried noodles, I went over a couple of emails. The book I'm reading was on the rooftop and I was too lazy and too hungry to go two floors up.  I ended up looking at the draft folder. Not-so-surprisingly a 93.5 % of the emails on that folder were to myself. 
I found one under the "you can suck my dick" subject that I thought I'd share with you.

"I invited him over and he said no. Fine, I thought. If he doesn't want to come to this party (of two, of course, because a party can't be any other thing than two people sharing an intimacy beneath a thick dawn comforter, or on top of it, or tangled in it like spaghetti on a fork, or even without a thick dawn comforter or even without a real intimacy… but a party can't be any other thing than two people. Yes, a party can't be any other thing than two people even if there's other two people's in the same party room)... I'll send the party his way. I opened the safari browser and went to my twitter account. I got distracted for 87 seconds reading 37 tweets (it's unbelieveable how many tweets can squeeze in 87 seconds). Then I did my little evil and twitted to 321 followers  (and anyone that would look for the TT #party  #NYC #JulianCasablancas #TheStrokes): "#Party #NOW #TheStrokes #BROOKLYN #NYC hosted at #JulianCasablancas apartment! 18 Pineapple st. apt #4! bring your friend's friends and their friends too! ". I thought it was wrong . I thought it was okey because he doesn't have a twitter or a Facebook account. The most interesting people I've met don't have twitter or Facebook accounts. The most stupid neither. It seems to me that having them is a quality of the mediocre."

Disclaimer- The posting of stories, commentaries, reports, documents and links on this site does not in any way, shape or form, implied or otherwise, necessarily express, suggest or confirm the authenticity of them.

Ps. No. I'm not fucking Julian Casablancas.

Disclaimer 2- The posting of stories, commentaries, reports, documents and links on the PS of this site does not in any way, shape or form, implied or otherwise, necessarily express, suggest or confirm the authenticity of them.


No comments:

Post a Comment